These are half-hour classes given at no charge by locals who are interested in promoting sustainability
and self-sufficiency. Classes will be limited to 20 people. To reserve your space, either call
(978) 287-0025 or email at SweetAutumnFarmMA@gmail.com.
10:30 - 11:00am
Easy Christmas cookies with kids with Gail Flannery of Sweet Visions Patisserie
11:00 - 11:30am
1. Small Plot Grain Growing with John Bakewell, B+B Farm, Carlisle.
2. Lactofermentation with Eleana Volkava, Holistic Health Counselor
, Personal Chef from Debra's Natural Gourmet in West Concord
1:00 - 1:30pm
1. Simple Hoophouses for growing winter greens with Kay Fairweather
, Naturalist and author of Who's Who in the Natural World
2. Soapmaking 101 with Cindy Craft, Subito Farm, Carlisle.
Also during the Market: Author Terry Golson of HenCam.com will be answering your
questions on raising backyard chickens.
Concord Seed Library
Concord has launched the first MA seed lending library! The Fowler Branch in West Concord is collecting
open-pollinated, heirloom seed stock. A talk, featuring Dr. Deborah Bier of Concord, will explain
the reason for opening the library and how people can "borrow" seeds for planting this spring. Come find
out about this innovative program!
Winter Market Faire
Sat. Dec. 15 from 10-2pm at the First Religious Society in Union Hall
27 School St. Carlisle, MA
'Forgotten Skills' Classes
Talk on the Concord Seed Library @ 12:30pm
Jazz Concert by The FRS Jazz Group ("The Jazz You Like") @ 1:00pm